Happy Saturday! I have a lot of good stuff for you (really) so stick it out to the end of this post!
This has been a very busy past two weeks, and I haven’t had a chance to do a wrap up post. So I’m just going to hit the highlights, okay?
In My Life
I celebrated my 35th birthday last week and it turned out to be a pretty good day. I made the best chocolate peanut butter cake. YUM! (<– Trust me, you want to go check out that link.) Also, I have a very funny husband… he makes me laugh. He gave me a gift with a root beer, some chocolate ice cream, an autographed picture of himself (at work) and a card that he bought new but made to look like he had used it for our son and then repurposed it for me. But then he took me out on a date.
My husband preached his second sermon last Sunday. I’m so proud of him. No, he’s not finished with seminary yet but he’s helped out as a “substitute” when the pastor has been out of town twice now. He works so hard on his sermons and seeks God’s will so diligently– did I mention that I’m proud of him?
In Our School
School has been going well, as we’ve continued working on getting back into a good routine and continued adding more to our agenda each week.
This week we began reading the third Apologia worldview book, “Who Is My Neighbor?” and we’re trying something new, listening to the lessons on cd. I told the kids that I didn’t care whether we did that or whether I read the lessons, but I think they like the cd better. (And to be honest, they don’t interrupt and they listen better. Figures. Hmph.)
We also continued through our studies of Zoology 3 and Mystery of History 2 (we loved reading about Vikings!) We also had a great opportunity to use our WonderMaps software to look up “Scandinavia.” We also had fun with our Maestro Classics “The Scorcerer’s Apprentice” and the online curriculum guide that goes with it.
We’re taking our first break next week, but when we reconvene we’re going to be adding back in our art study (with See the Light Art,) add in our Spanish lessons, and finish filling out our language arts study with some Shakespeare! Oh my!
Around the Internet
Good stuff for you!! There has been a ton of good stuff put out this week so I’ve got lots of links to share with you.
- 10 Hands-on Science Activities for Kids by Kris @Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- Spice up your Geography Lessons with Regional Foods at Education Possible
- 7 Ways to Conquer Your Morning Routine at Joyful Mothering
- A review and giveaway for Maureen’s book Nature Study Printables for Toddlers and Preschoolers at Look! We’re Learning!
- NeuYear Academic Calendar [Review and Giveaway] at Life by Ashley Pichea (<– I want one of these!)
- Lemon Play Dough Recipe! at It’s Gravy, Baby!
- Registration for Teach Them Diligently is open!
- And so is registration for Real Refresh. Check it out.
Giggle of the week: the voice over for the kitty-cats “pattycaking” made my day. I amuse easily.