Thirteen Things I’m Putting in My Patio Garden
- (1) Red Beefsteak Heirloom Tomato plant
- (1) Husky Cherry Red Hybrid Tomato plant
- (1) Sweet 100 Hybrid Tomato plant
- (1) Jalapeno Pepper plant
- (1) Red Bell Pepper plant
- (1) Cilantro plant
- (1) Fernleaf Dill plant
- (a lot) Yellow Onions (they just came in this big bunch, I didn’t count them)
- (a lot) Red Onions (my mother in law and I split all the onions in half and shared them)
- (a lot) Sweet Texas White Onions (so it’s not like I’m going to have onions coming out of my ears – I hope.)
- (1) Strawberry plant
- (6) Orange Variegated Marigold
- (6) Yellow Marigold
I bought these when we were at Walmart the other day. The weather was sunny and warm and spring was in the air, … I felt inspired and ended up coming home with this lot of plants.
I also came home with a bird feeder, birdseed, a hummingbird feeder and some hummingbird nectar concentrate. I’ve never had bird feeders here before, so I’m going to have to experiment and find a good spot for them. Oh, and of course, the birds have to migrate back for the spring. 😛 We’ve already seen a few birds, so I think they’ve started coming in. In fact, I hear some twitters and whistles out there now. Just.. not at the bird feeder. 🙁
I have a covered back porch which gets partial sun, and an uncovered front porch which gets lots of sun, and I hope to turn both into patio gardens with various containers and pots. In addition to the things I’ve already got, I’d also like to add:
- flowers that attract hummingbirds – some petunias at the very least
- flowers that attract butterflies – apparently marigolds are, so that’s good!
- Pansies – just because I love them
- and maybe even a lime tree! – how cool would that be?
I can see it all in my mind’s eye. Question is… can I make it happen?