It didn’t work so well.
But I’m trying again. Anyway. So there. I already have more than enough unread (and unfinished!) books on my shelf to read a different one each month. So that’s the plan.
The first one, I’m actually already a couple chapters into, so it should be an easy start, right?
- January ~ The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace *
- February ~ Praise Her in the Gates by Nancy Wilson
- March ~ Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss *
- April ~ A Mom After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George
- May ~ The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
- June ~ Teach Them Diligently by Lou Priolo *
- July ~ Desiring God by John Piper *
- August ~ The Pleasures of God by John Piper
- September ~ Battling Unbelief by John Piper
- October ~ The Power of Prayer in a Believer’s Life by Charles Spurgeon
- November ~ 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health by Donald S. Whitney *
- December ~ Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper *
Whew! That’s not an easy list!! We’ll see how far I can get this time. 😉
What’s on YOUR reading list for 2009? Have you read any of these? What did you think of them?* Begun but never finished, either by a little or a lot. **Update: How am I doing?? Horrible! It’s taking me much longer to finish a book than I anticipated between housekeeping and homeschooling and blogging and all that. I may have to, um, reconsider my list. This may end up being a list for 2009-2010. Then again.. maybe I can catch up. Who knows?? ….