Today is the first official day of Autumn! Though, I’ve already been thinking about it for weeks. It began with the first Halloween/Fall catalog I got in the mail and just continued with the Fall catalog from ABC Distributing – chock full of fall decorations and such. Last week’s fall-like weather just threw my longing for fall into overdrive.
Finally – fall is here!
Laurel @ Laurel’s Reflections offers up this list of 20 Things to Treasure in Autumn. Inspired, I offer up my own list. And what better to share than today? Let Autumn begin!
20 Things I Adore about Autumn
- Sionara summer (and 100+ temperatures) – yes! yes! yes!
- Cool breezes. There is something soothing about sitting out in a cool breeze.
- Leaving the windows open during the day. Love. It.
- Subsequently, not using the air conditioner – woo-hoo!!
- The beautiful colors. The red, the gold, the orange, the RED… Oh, did I say that one already?
- The sound of the leaves rustling in the trees.
- Driving down a small lane covered in leaves and watching them swirl behind you in the rear-view mirror.
- Leaf piles! (Though not at my house.) 🙁
- The smell of something baking. My baking % spikes dramatically in the fall. And then there’s…
- Being able to bake without overheating the kitchen. And there’s…
- Baking to help heat the kitchen on cool mornings. All around, baking is just a good deal.
- The fall candles. Apple, pumpkin, spice, cinnamon,.. any combination thereof.
- I’m justified in wearing the jeans I’ve been wearing all summer.
- Fall fashion. ‘Nuff said.
- Fall decorations. Ditto.
- Cool nights, and snuggling under a blanket.
- Gathering for Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving desserts. Ahem.
- Planning/Prepping for Advent/Christmas.
- The anticipation of the coming season & holidays: Fall is the prelude to the oratorio of Winter.
So have a fabulous first day of fall, my friends! God bless!