In my life this week…
We’ve had a great holiday week! We’ve had a lot of coming and going, we’ve still managed to do some school, and we’ve done plenty of baking and canning, too!
In our homeschool this week…
Our main focus at this point is science and math. We finished up the chapter on our senses and we’ve begun the chapter on the integumentary system (that’s your skin, hair and nails!) We’re also doubling up on math to get that finished up over the summer.
We also received our (used but great!) science for next year — Apologia Zoology 3: Land Animals. The kids want to start on it right away without even finishing this one first. Ha!! Even if I wanted to, I still need to order a junior journal and a lab kit, so we have plenty of time to finish up our Anatomy first. ; )
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
It’s that time of year! The time of year where we start picking out and buying curriculum for the next year and we’re bombarded with options from every side. Take it one step at a time, research, choose wisely, purchase slowly. Don’t let it overwhelm you.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Lots of places this week! Saturday we had a great time of fellowship with our church family at an event at our town square, and that night supper at my inlaws’. Sunday we spent lunch with my mom and her family and in the evening we went to a gathering at a friend’s house and watched the local fireworks display. Tuesday we received our organic produce from the co-op and we took it to my mother’s for some immediate canning and baking. Wednesday morning, we had fun at our local Fourth of July parade and later we had a wonderful evening at a friend’s house. It’s been a good week.
My favorite thing this week was…
Seriously? I have to pick one??
Things I’m working on…
- Gearing up for the third annual Back to (Home) School carnival, starting next Monday.
- I’ve made more progress on my ebook. I hope to have it finished within the next two weeks!!
- Planning the new year’s curriculum.
- Caught up on our ladies’ group book, “One Simple Act.”
Muffins, muffins, muffins.
Blueberry jam and carrot relish!
(Okay, I didn’t actually make these — Princess made the jam with my mom and my mom made the carrot relish.)
I’m grateful for…
Family, friends, fresh produce, progress, school books, church family.
I’m praying for…
Our nation, our family, our church, our school year.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
LOTS of good links this week. I read so many good things!
- God’s Girls Club at Unlikely Homeschool – such a neat idea!
- Giveaway: Finding Educational Activities in Unexpected Places at Preschoolers and Peace – ends July 10
- How to Make a Basic Monthly Budget at Our Goodwin Journey
- The What’s in the Bible? Giveaway Blitz is coming to an end! Check out all the participating blogs to find eligible giveaways (some of these giveaways are closed, some are still open.)
- Homeschooling Do’s and Don’ts at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- 10 Favorite Websites for Homeschooling from Jennifer Janes
- Dear New Homeschooler from The Momma Knows
- Interview with Linda Hobar, author of Mystery of History, at Homeschool Mosaics
- LOVE this giant bubble refill jar idea from La-La’s Home Daycare
- How fun is this water balloon alternative from Home With the Boys?
- What Chik-Fil-A has taught me.. Advice for new homeschoolers from Not Consumed – clever!
- What I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Homeschooling from Raising Arrows